Events and Activities
What is the 2017 One Book, One Milton Title?
Twelve puzzle pieces are hidden throughout Milton. Once assembled these twelve pieces will reveal the 2017 One Book, One Milton selection. Return a puzzle piece to win a copy of the 2017 title and also be entered into the grand prize draw for a one in twelve chance to win two tickets to An Evening with the Author on September 14th.
A clue a day will be revealed beginning April 1st until they are all found! Look for these clues on our Facebook and Twitter streams and below at noon each day.
Where will your hunt take you?
Puzzle Clue Recap
Below is a recap of the clues revealed so far and the status of pieces. For the most up-to-date information on the hunt please refer to our Twitter or Facebook streams.
Status: Found at the Main Library
- Visit Milton’s “Main” bookish hotspot to find a puzzle piece.
- Try looking for a puzzle piece in the place where items are “recently returned”.
Status: Found at the Hawthorne Cafe
- Visit a favourite lunch spot in Hawthorne Village. Artists and kids welcome.
- Make your way to a Hawthorne Village Café and look for some green space.
Status: Found at the Centre for Skills and Development
- Find a puzzle piece at the place where “skills” are “developed” on Derry Road.
- Try looking for a puzzle piece where the receptionist prints.
Status: Found at Coffee Culture
- Soak up some coffee culture while you hunt for your next puzzle piece.
- Cozy up to the fire as you look down Commercial Street for this piece.
Status: Found at the Velodrome
- Find a puzzle piece where things go round and round on the fastest Siberian spruce.
- Take a walk around the track between sections #111 and #112 to find this puzzle piece.
- Take a drive thru your favourite morning rush to find a puzzle piece before “checking” in at Main
- Order your fav iced half-caf non-fat with whip and grab a snack too!
Status: Found at the Milton Sports Centre
- Calling all athletes! Search of a puzzle piece at the place where you can do everything from gymnastics to swimming.
- Keep your eyes to the sky for this piece, as you walk down the hall to take a splash.
Status: Found at the Beaty Branch Library.
- Beaty trail is full of “branches.” You’ll find a piece in just the right place if you think outside the box.
- Find a puzzle piece in the place where things are held.
Status: Found at the Milton Centre for the Arts
- Try searching for a puzzle piece in a place where the arts flourish.
- Lobby here and lobby there. Find your puzzle piece somewhere!
Status: Found at Kelso Conservation Area
- “Welcome” to nature. Introduce yourself at a Halton Park between J and L.
- Make your way around the visitor’s centre. You may find the puzzle piece you’re looking for.
Status: Found at the Milton Leisure Center
- Spend some “leisure” time at this indoor facility while you search for a puzzle piece.
- Try picking up some information on a class or activity to find a puzzle piece.
- Clue to be revealed on Monday, April 24th at noon.
- Clue to be revealed on Tuesday, April 25th at noon.